Spring/Summer Insurance Waivers
If you hold insurance coverage that meets UT’s minimum requirements, you may be eligible to waive the UT student health insurance plan. Waiver forms and instructions are posted on the ISSS insurance webpage. Some important notes:
- Insurance waivers are no longer accepted by fax. Waivers should be emailed to email@example.com or submitted in person at the International Office.
- If you have already submitted a 2013-14 Annual Waiver (August 1, 2013 to July 31, 2014, you do not need to resubmit a waiver for the Spring/Summer 2014 coverage period.
- Spring/Summer waivers must indicate that coverage is effective from January 1, 2014 to July 31, 2014. No letters of coverage will be accepted in lieu of UT waiver forms.
The deadline to submit spring/summer waivers is January 28, 2014 at 5 pm.
Continuing Coverage for Fall Graduates
Are you graduating or leaving UT Austin at the end of the fall? If you have held the Student Health Insurance Plan for at least the past 6 months, you are eligible to purchase up to 6 additional months of Continuation Coverage!
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or schedule an insurance advising appointment to purchase coverage.
Some important dates to keep in mind:
- The current Fall 2013 coverage period will end on December 31, 2013.
- ISSS will be closed for Winter Break from December 23, 2013 until January 1, 2014.
- The deadline to purchase Continuation Coverage is January 29, 2014.