If you plan to leave Austin during Spring Break, be sure keep the following tips in mind:
- Know where your insurance card is at all times and keep it safe.
- Fill your prescriptions before leaving for vacation.
- Know where to seek care for different medical needs.
- For severe or potentially life-threatening emergencies, call 911 or go to a local hospital emergency room.
- For conditions or injuries that can be treated outside of an emergency room but require prompt attention, use a local Urgent Care Clinic.
- For conditions that require less time-sensitive attention, care is usually best provided at a doctor’s office or clinic.
- Don’t forget to use in-network providers to save money. You can find local providers in the BlueCross/BlueShield network if you are covered by the UT student or employee insurance plans.
- Take advantage of the University Health Services Nurse Advice Line at 512-475-6977. UT Austin students may call 24 hours a day/7 days a week for medical guidance.
Be careful, plan ahead, and have a fun and SAFE Spring Break!