Tuition Assistance for Mexican Students (TAMS) is now available for newly admitted and continuing UT Austin students. This is one of ISSS’ most competitive awards and provides a non-resident tuition waiver for recipients for the duration of their degree*. This is a tuition-only award and is nontransferable to other institutions.
Eligibility for TAMS includes the following:
- Must be a Mexican National
- Unconditionally admitted to UT Austin
- Demonstrate financial need
- Meet GPA requirements (if continuing student)
- Demonstrate intent to return to Mexico after graduation
The TAMS application is due on Friday, May 30 at 5 pm. Because of the highly competitive nature of this award, late applications will not be accepted.
*TAMS can only be renewed for a standard degree duration (4 years undergrad/2 years masters/5 years PhD)