Are you a new UT Austin student starting in June, July or August 2014? Are you an international student (i.e. not a US Citizen or US Permanent Resident Card holder)? If you answered yes to both of these questions, then you will have an I bar on your record. This bar is placed by the International Office as a reminder to attend a mandatory Immigration Briefing & Check-in (IBC) session.
At IBC, we will inform you about important immigration, registration, medical insurance and other resources that you’ll need to be familiar with during your time at UT Austin. You will also be informed about any other registration bars you may have from other offices on campus. Your registration bars must be either waived or cleared before you may register for your classes.
We will hold IBC sessions throughout June, July and August.
To sign up for an IBC session, please visit our website.
For Master of Business Administration (MBA) students:
Please contact your academic department for MBA-specific IBC dates and how to schedule an appointment.
For Executive or Option III Program Students:
If you are admitted to one of the following Executive or Option III programs, please click here for instructions on how and when to satisfy your IBC requirement:
• Master of Science in Finance (MSF)
• Master of Science in Technology & Commercialization (MSTC)
• Master of Science in Business Analytics (IROM)
• Master of Science in Economics
• Master of Arts in Human Dimensions of Organizations (HDO)
• MSE in Engineering Management Overview
• Executive MBA at Mexico City
• Executive MBA Programs: Austin, Dallas/Ft. Worth, & Houston
If you have any questions about IBC, please feel free to contact our office via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.