Important reminders for students enrolled in the Spring/Summer coverage period of UT’s AHP/BlueCross Blue Shield Student Health Insurance Plan (SHIP):
- Your Spring/Summer SHIP coverage period lasts until 7/31/2014, even if you are graduating in May. NOTE: Students graduating in May are not eligible to use University Health Services during the summer.
- If you have held the SHIP for 6 months prior to graduation, you can purchase up to six additional months of Continuation Coverage beyond the 7/31/2014 end date. Contact the ISSS insurance advisor for more details.
- Dependents must be re-enrolled for summer SHIP coverage even if they held spring coverage. Please make an appointment with the ISSS insurance advisor before 6/9/2014 to enroll dependents in the summer coverage period (6/1/2014 to 7/31/2014).
As you use your insurance over the summer, be sure to keep the following tips in mind:
- Keep your insurance card with you at all times and add Blue Access Mobile to your smart phone or tablet.
- Fill your prescriptions before leaving for vacation.
- Use University Health Services and in-network providers to save money.
- Take advantage of the University Health Services Nurse Advice Line at 512-475-6977. UT Austin students and enrolled scholars may call 24 hours a day/7 days a week for medical guidance.
Have a safe and enjoyable summer break!