The Ethel Loving de Diaz Scholarship is now available for continuing UT Austin students from Mexico who demonstrate how work experience has helped fund their education. This $1,500 award is a spring-only award and will be applied directly to the tuition bill.
To be eligible for the award, you must:
1. be a current resident of Mexico who was also born in Mexico.
2. be enrolled at the time of application and in the semester the award is granted.
3. maintain satisfactory academic progress (2.0 undergraduate; 3.0 graduate).
4. demonstrate financial need.
5. demonstrate how work experience has helped you fund your education.
6. not be considered a Texas Resident for tuition purposes (Exception: those who receive resident tuition due to an academic assignment or university scholarship/fellowship are eligible to apply).
The Ethel Loving de Diaz award application is due on December 1 at 5 pm. Applications may be downloaded from our website.