Happy IO Holidays!
Tis the season to be merry and jolly, happy and light! At the International Office, we want you to have safe and relaxing holidays, whether you are staying here in Austin, or traveling to your home destination. We’ve put together a list of holiday tips and treats to make your holidays bright:
Holiday Tips from the International Office:
- Friday, December 19: The last day the IO is open before everyone leaves for winter break! Meet with your advisor, get your travel signature or documents, or take care of any program extensions before this date!
- Stay healthy during the holiday season: University Health Services has resources for staying well. More to come on this!
- International Travel: Make sure you have your documents, including a copy of your passport and other important information just in case something happens.
- Be prepared: Airports and train stations can be full of germs, so take your hand sanitizer, tissues, and bottle of water to stay clean and hydrated while you travel!
Holiday Treats from the International Office:
- Join the #UTWintergram contest to win some goodies from the IO! Just Tweet or Instagram your holiday photos and tag the @WorldatUT to show us where you’re going and all the fun you’re having!
- Go to community events in Austin: Click here, here, or here for different ideas and activities you can participate in over the holidays! I know we’re all excited for the Austin Trail of Lights!
- Cook a meal for your American friends or do a holiday traditions exchange.
- Enjoy your down time and get something warm to drink at a local coffeehouse.
- Relax! 2015 will be here before you know it!
Happy Holidays and safe travels!
-UT Austin International Office Staff