This Spring Break, keep the following tips in mind:
- Always keep your insurance card with you.
- Fill your prescriptions before leaving for vacation.
- Know where to seek care for different medical needs.
- For severe or potentially life-threatening emergencies, call 911 or go to a local hospital emergency room.
- For conditions or injuries that can be treated outside of an emergency room but require prompt attention, use a local Urgent Care Clinic.
- Don’t forget to use in-network providers to save money. You can find local providers around the country in the BlueCross/BlueShield network.
- Take advantage of the University Health Services Nurse Advice Line at 512-475-6977 Available 24/7!
Be careful, plan ahead, and have a fun and SAFE Spring Break!