April is Stress Awareness Month! While a certain degree of stress is actually normal, too much stress can leave you more vulnerable to illness and less open to the pleasure of life. Here are a few simple things you can do right now to keep stress in check:
Enjoy Music & Nature- Brief breaks make a big difference!
- Listen to the International Office’s Stressbuster Playlist of motivating and relaxing music.
- Add some plants to your work and living spaces.
- Take a quick walk or eat your lunch outside. Even looking at nature pictures can have a positive effect!
Take Control of Your Time
- Allow yourself time to spare. Check out these tips for accurately estimating how much time you need to get things done.
Pay Attention to Your Diet- The foods we consume can actually play a role in our stress levels.
- Try to limit intake of the following foods & drinks:
- Energy drinks
- Fast foods
- Satisfy these common snack cravings with healthy alternatives!