Germanic Studies is currently searching for an Assistant Instructor to teach lower-division German courses. All complete applications will be kept on file in case of future openings.
A completed application requires a CV and a letter of introduction. The letter should include your EID, your anticipated date of graduation, and details on your German-language experience, especially if it is not apparent in the CV. Any additional supporting documents (letters of recommendation, etc.) are desirable. Finalists will be asked to submit three letters of recommendation.
An excellent applicant will:
- must be a current UT Austin Graduate Student
- meet the University’s criteria for Student Employment (found at this web address: http://www.utexas.edu/ogs/employment/conditions.html)
- have taken GER 398T or a comparable language-instruction 398T course in residence at UT or intend to take GER 398T in fall semester 2016.
- have previous teaching and/or teacher education experiences (one year minimum)
- have excellent interpersonal and communication skills in English and German
- be a reliable team player, able to teach independently and work well with others within a supportive curricular environment
Our department is collegial and highly devoted to the professional development of its instructors. Our AIs receive continuous mentored support in their teaching from faculty and peers.
Applications can be emailed to Monica Urso (firstname.lastname@example.org).