If you are new on campus or have been at UT for a while, be sure to take advantage of the free resources here at UT. Check out our list below of a few of the free resources here at UT.
- Explore the city for free by simply swiping your Student ID Card for free bus access
- Includes MetroRapid and MetroRail
- Don’t want to take that 15 minute walk to your class? Consider using UT buses like the 40 Acres (#640) or the West Campus bus (#642)!
- Plan your trip with the CapMetro App or Google Maps
- Lynda.com is an online learning website with video tutorials and courses on a variety of topics
- Great if you’re looking into polishing or learning new computer skills. Set up your free account here
- Classes in Photoshop, programming, graphic design, project management, WordPress, Excel, HTML, Python, etc
University Writing Center (UWC)
- UWC provides many writing services to help students improve their writing skills and abilities
- Free one-on-one professional consultations designed to help you develop anything from an article to a 15-page research paper to your dissertation
- Offers small writing groups, writing retreats, and mini-classes on various topics
- Available to undergraduate and graduate students in all departments
- Must make an appointment in advance
- Swipe student ID for free admission upon entering
- All gyms include lockers and showers free of use
- Currently UT Hosts 3 Gyms on Campus:
- Gregory Gymnasium
- Recreational Sports Center (REC)
- Belmont Gym (Located on 3rd Floor Belmont).
- Handball/squash/racquetball courts, saunas, indoor and outdoor lounging and lap pools, indoor running track, personal training, massages, swimming classes, varieties of exercise classes, rock climbing wall, and much more!
- UT offers a few softwares for free or reduced prices
- Free software can be accessed online here
- Microsoft Office
- The Campus Computer Store offers several optional softwares along with other computer services
- Did you know you can also rent movies, DVD’s, CD’s for free? The library’s media catalog is routinely updated and is current as of 2016
- Search under the Library Catalog
- UT students also has access to a streaming service to watch movies and documentaries online
- Movies include foreign classics such as Rashomon, 8 ½, Oldboy, and several movies from the Criterion Collection
- Available to all UT students and faculty members
- Offers 3D modeling and printing resources; audio/video production and editing studio, recording student with sound isolation; interactive game and mobile applications studio, studio for microelectronics and animatronics, high-tech music production studio, and a multifaceted student for experimentation with technology-enhanced costumes and wearables.
This is only a few free cool resources available at UT for students. Be sure to comment below if you know of any other free or inexpensive resources at UT for students.