With Thanksgiving break around the corner, we here at the International Office know that many of you may be traveling out of the country.
Always remember to carry the following with you:
- Unexpired passport (valid at least 6 months into the future)
- Valid visa. If it has expired, you will need to renew at the local U.S. embassy in your country
- Canadian citizens are exempt
- an expired visa can be used for travel to Canada, Mexico or the Caribbean (except Cuba) if the travel time is 30 days or less.
- Valid I-94 (electronic or paper)
- SEVIS fee receipt
- Valid I-20 or DS-2019 with travel signature no older than 1 year old
- Visas for any other countries that you will be visiting during your travels
If you are traveling within the US, we still recommend that you carry all of your immigration documents with you just in case of an emergency.
*If you will be traveling anywhere near the Mexico or Canada border, be sure to carry all of your immigration documents with you. You may be stopped and have your documents checked by immigration officials.*
If you have any questions about travel, please meet with an International Student Advisor or contact us by email at email@example.com