Whether you’ll be travelling for the holidays or “stay-cationing” here in Austin, keep the following tips in mind this Winter Break:
- Remember to keep your insurance card with you at ALL times.
- Fill your prescriptions before leaving for vacation so you don’t run out unexpectedly.
- Know where to seek care for different medical needs.
- University Health Services is available until 1/12/17 to all students registered for Fall (including Fall graduates). However, UHS will be closed 12/23/16 through 1/1/17 for Winter Break.
- For severe or potentially life-threatening emergencies, call 911 or go to a local hospital emergency room.
- For conditions or injuries that can be treated outside of an emergency room but require prompt attention, use a local Urgent Care Clinic.
- Don’t forget to use in-network providers to save money. You can find providers around the country in the BlueCross/BlueShield network.
- Take advantage of the UHS Nurse Advice Line at 512-475-6877. This service is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year!
Have a fun and safe Winter Break!