Are you a continuing UT student who likes welcoming new students and enjoys meeting people from other cultures and countries? Are you interested in sharing your culture and learning about others while working with a diverse student population? Helping with International Student Orientation is a fantastic way to meet new international students, make new friends, and share culture! Each year, The University of Texas at Austin and the International Office welcomes hundreds of international students to the Longhorn community.
What will you be doing as an IOA?
You must enroll and successfully complete the IOA training course on 08/10/17 or 08/11/17. After completing the training, you will help International Office staff members check students in during International Briefing & Check-In (IBC). In addition, you will help us offer excellent customer service during Orientation and Welcome Saturday events, serve as a campus resource and referral agent to new international students, and perform various other duties as assigned.
- Must be enrolled at UT Austin in Fall 2017
- Must have been enrolled at UT for one semester prior to start date
- Experience providing quality customer service in a welcoming environment
- At least 8-10 hours per week during program dates
- Work between 08/18/17 (New International Student Orientation) and 08/19/17 (Welcome Weekend)
- Must work a minimum of 6 IBCs and 2 social events.
$300 stipend (paid upon program completion)
If you are excited about this opportunity and meet the required qualifications, please visit our website for application instructions. The application deadline is June 18th, so apply today! Do not miss this great opportunity of meeting our new international students and earning a stipend of $300!