The following scholarship applications for 2018-2019 school year are now available!
General ISSS Financial Aid Award
- NEW! All awards will be distributed as cash awards for the upcoming 2018-2019 school year.
- Awards will be automatically applied towards any outstanding debts with UT. Any scholarship amount in excess of UT debt will be distributed to the student via direct deposit.
- 14% of the scholarship will be withheld for tax purposes per US tax law, unless a tax treaty for scholarships is in effect or the recipient is considered a resident alien for tax purposes.
- Recipients will be obligated to file a tax return for the scholarship income earned, but may also receive a tax refund for the amount withheld from the scholarships.
- It is recommended that the recipient applies for a taxpayer identification number if they do not already hold an ITIN or SSN. You will also need a taxpayer identification number in order to claim any applicable tax treaty benefits.
- ISSS is able to provide up to $2,500 each semester for fall and spring and $1,500 for the summer semester to students who are able to demonstrate financial need.
- Only international students who have completed at least 2 semesters at UT by the time the award is disbursed are eligible to apply for this award.
International Education Fee Scholarship
- The International Education Fee (IEF) Scholarship benefits first-time incoming UT international students who have faced significant barriers accessing education in their home country and who are able to demonstrate financial need.
- The IEF Scholarship provides an in-state tuition waiver, and covers tuition and required fees for up to 4 years.
Tuition Assistance for Mexican Students
- To be eligible for the TAMS award, you must be a citizen and resident of Mexico who demonstrates financial need.
- The Tuition Assistance for Mexican Students (TAMS) award provides a waiver of the nonresident portion of a recipient’s tuition bill.
- The TAMS award is available to both incoming and continuing students at UT.
Good Neighbor Scholarship
- The Good Neighbor Scholarship (GNS) applicants must be international students who were born in and are residents of a nation in the Western Hemisphere (excluding Cuba and the U.S.)
- Recipients are provided one year of tuition assistance, excluding fees.
- The GNS is available to both incoming and continuing students at UT.
Jerry D. Wilcox Community Engagement Scholarship
- The Jerry D. Wilcox Community Engagement Scholarship is open to current undergraduate international students at UT who demonstrate active participation and leadership within the campus or the greater community.
- The scholarship provides recipients with one-time $2,500 fall tuition award.
- Thank you letters are required upon selection for the Jerry D. Wilcox Community Engagement Scholarship.
All the scholarship applications can be found on our website under the appropriate scholarship name, and all applicants will be notified via email.
If you have any further questions, please feel free to reach out to email@example.com.