The fall Insurance Waiver deadline is coming up! All insurance waivers for the fall semester are due September 13, 2018 by 5 pm.
What is an Insurance Waiver?
If you are an international student currently in F or J visa status, then you are automatically enrolled in the UT Student Health Insurance Plan, and the cost of the plan is included on your tuition and fee bill. However, you may be able to waive enrollment in the Student Health Insurance Plan and have the fee removed from your tuition bill with an Insurance Waiver.
Am I eligible for an Insurance Waiver?
You are eligible to submit an Insurance Waiver if you meet one of the following criteria:
- You are a graduate student with UT Select (employee insurance) through an academic assignment (TA/GRA/AI)
- You have UT Select as a dependent (spouse or child) of a UT Employee
- You are a graduate student with UT Select from a qualifying fellowship
- You are a student who has insurance through a U.S. Employer
- You are a student with insurance through the Healthcare Marketplace
- If you are a student submitting an Insurance Waiver due to insurance through a U.S.
Employer or coverage through the Healthcare Marketplace, check your plan eligibility with the following requirements checklist:
- Your plan must be from a U.S. provider
- Your plan must be compliant with the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA)
- If the annual deductible exceeds $500 per person, sign the Employer High Deductible Exemption Acknowledgement Form (included with U.S. Employer waiver Application)
- Your coinsurance cannot exceed 25%
We cannot accept insurance policies from non-U.S. companies, travel, or short-term insurance. In addition, students on reciprocal exchange programs cannot submit an Insurance Waiver as the Student Health Insurance Plan is a requirement of the exchange program.
How do I submit an Insurance Waiver?
You can submit an Insurance Waiver application and supporting documentation online by following the instructions located at https://world.utexas.edu/isss/insurance/students/waivers
Contact email@example.com if you have any questions.
Mingshuang Li says
To whom it may concern
I am Mingshuang Li (EID: ml45252), I am writing to check if my insurance waiver is OK now.
I received an email named “Action Needed to Receive Insurance Waiver”. My department told me that the materials for my insurance waiver were just prepared well, and my waiver would be accepted after several days. I wonder if you can help me to double check it.
Thank you so much.