Spring 2019 Leadership Opportunity for UT Students!
Each year, The University of Texas at Austin and the International Office welcomes hundreds of international students to the Longhorn community. The International Orientation Assistant (IOA) Program provides UT students the opportunity to get involved in International Orientation activities!
How can you get involved?
Sharing your culture and learning about others can be a rewarding experience! We invite UT students with an international interest to become an IOA. Help International Office staff members check students in during Immigration Briefing & Check-In (IBC), share your knowledge of UT and Austin during International Orientation, and attend fun welcome events to interact with our newest international community members. Selected IOA candidates will be required to attend one of our scheduled IOA training session on the afternoon of January 9th. Orientation-related events will begin starting January 10th and the last event will take place on January 20th.
- Expected enrollment at UT Austin for Spring 2019
- Minimum of one semester enrollment in UT Austin prior to beginning of employment
- 3-6 hr/wk commitment during program dates
- Commitment to work during January 11th (New International Orientation)
- Commitment to work a minimum of seven events
Success applicants will have the following qualifications:
– Interest and/or familiarity working with diverse populations in cross-cultural settings
– Proactive, flexible, enthusiastic, and a good team-player
– $200 stipend (paid upon program completion)
How to Apply
Step 1: Review the event calendar to determine your availability
Step 2: Complete our online application.
Please submit your application no later than November 27th by 5:00 pm.
Is there any dress code tomorrow for the interview? Thanks!