International Student & Scholar Services is looking for a graduate student to assist with incoming exchange students (international students coming to UT for one or two semesters). Tasks include administrative, organizational work, and event planning, as well as some communication. We are looking for a creative graduate student who is excited about working with diverse populations and committed to providing excellent service to students.
- Correspond with exchange students, partner universities and on-campus partners
- Assist in reviewing exchange student application materials
- Review exchange student nomination and application procedures. Maintain comprehensive internal records of updated procedures. Collaborate with Exchange Coordinator to streamline processes and create clear information for students and partners
- Work closely with Exchange Coordinator and interns to plan and support exchange student events. Make suggestions for engaging events for exchange students including scheduling presenters/activities, communicating event details to students and collecting RSVPs, making catering arrangements, researching and implementing technical components
- Coordinate with outbound exchange team and Exchange Coordinator to calculate and distribute exchange data and statistics
- Must be a current or admitted graduate student at The University of Texas at Austin
- Experience working directly with college/university students and diverse populations
- Strong administrative, organizational, research and problem solving skills
- Advanced oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work with sensitive and confidential information, exercise discretion, independent judgment, and diplomacy
- Able to stay in the position for at least one academic year
- Experience working with international students or scholars, experience traveling, working or living abroad
- Advanced Excel skills
- Experience building communication plans and interest in innovative communications (ex: developing pre-arrival webinars)
Pay: $12 per hour, not benefits eligible
Appointment: 15-19 hours per week during academic year. Up to 30 hours per week during August and January.
Working hours: Generally within traditional business hours, Monday-Friday, 8:00 – 5:00, to be scheduled with supervisor. Occasional evening and weekend hours.
How to Apply:
Apply through the Hire a Longhorn website. Include a resume, cover letter and 3 professional references.
The University of Texas at Austin, as an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions.