International Student & Scholar Services is looking for a graduate student to assist with the coordination of Customized & Intercultural Programs. Programs include, but are not limited to, International Student Orientation, Friendship Program, TX Excursions, grant and custom program facilitation.
- Recruit, train, and manage International Orientation Assistants (IOA), a group of student workers who provide logistics support during IBC and orientation events
- Research and gather data regarding online orientation platforms
- Clerical duties including but not limited to managing inventory, developing publications, copying presentation handouts, preparing presentation materials, reconciling budgets, recruiting/matching Friendship Program hosts, and making updates to website and TX Shop
- Coordinate with university service providers, on-campus organizations, and local vendors for on-campus events throughout the year. This includes scheduling presenters, creating/maintaining the RSVP surveys, making catering arrangements, soliciting donations from local vendors
- Must be a current or admitted graduate student at The University of Texas at Austin
- Experience working directly with college/university students and diverse populations
- Strong administrative, organizational, initiative and problem solving skills
- Advanced oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work with a diverse populations and to work collaboratively within a team atmosphere
- Ability to work with sensitive and confidential information, exercise discretion, independent judgment, and diplomacy
- Must have a valid Texas Driver License (?) and agree to be certified to drive a university vehicle
- Minimum of one semester enrollment as a regular matriculated-student at UT Austin prior to beginning employment
- Ability to stay in the position for at least one academic year
- Experience working with international students or scholars, experience traveling, working or living abroad
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience building effective communication plans and interest in event planning
- Pay: $12 per hour
- Not benefits eligible
- Appointment: 15-19 hours per week during academic year. Up to 30 hours per week during August and January.
- Working hours: Weekdays 8 am – 5 pm (exact schedule can be worked out with supervisor)
- Preferred start date: January 7, 2019
How to Apply:
Apply through the Hire a Longhorn website. Include a resume, cover letter and 3 professional references.
The University of Texas at Austin, as an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions.