The spring 2019 Insurance Waiver deadline is coming up!
***Please note that due to an update in our waiver system, all waivers will require 24 hours for the tuition and fee bill to update.***
The deadline to submit your waiver for the spring semester is MONDAY FEBRUARY 4, 2019 by 5 pm.
What is an Insurance Waiver?
If you are an international student currently in F or J visa status, then you are automatically enrolled in the UT Student Health Insurance Plan, and the cost of the plan is included on your tuition and fee bill. However, you may be able to waive enrollment in the Student Health Insurance Plan and have the fee removed from your tuition bill with an Insurance Waiver.
Am I eligible for an Insurance Waiver?
You are eligible to submit an Insurance Waiver if you meet one of the following criteria:
- You are a graduate student with UT Select (employee insurance) through an academic assignment (TA/GRA/AI)
- You have UT Select as a dependent (spouse or child) of a UT Employee
- You are graduating in the spring 2019 semester (waiver removes summer 2019 insurance charges from spring tuition bill)
- You are a graduate student with UT Select from a qualifying fellowship
- You are a student who has insurance through a U.S. Employer
- You are a student with insurance through the Healthcare Marketplace
How do I submit an Insurance Waiver?
You can submit an Insurance Waiver application and supporting documentation online by following the instructions located at https://world.utexas.edu/isss/insurance/students/waivers
Contact email@example.com if you have any questions.