New to Austin? To living and studying in the U.S.? Fortunately, there is a program for that!
I’m happy to announce that registration is now open for Passport to UT.
Passport to UT was originally developed within the international graduate student population before being opened up to the entire incoming international student body (both grad and undergrad). It grew out of the realization that international students, living and attending school in the U.S. for the first time, have different needs from their domestic classmates.
Whether this is the first time you are attending an institution of higher education, or if you are pursuing a graduate degree, as an international student, you must cope with learning a new cultural language and navigate the different expectations of peers and professors. We help Passport to UT participants take their time to settle into life in Austin and get the most out of campus resources by connecting with members of the university community who can help both before and during their 2, 4, or 6 years at UT.
Here are some things to expect from the program:
- Small cohort size provides a more personalized, intimate introduction to life at UT than larger departmental and UT-wide orientations
- In-depth sessions on the academic environment, U.S. culture, university traditions, research resources, and student services
- Private city and campus tours, including assistance navigating the Austin public transportation system
- Student Leadership development workshops
- Excursions & activities highlighting Austin & Texas culture
- Dedicated International Office coordinators who will serve as your guide for the duration of the program
Learn your way around, find resources for academic success, and absorb the culture. Let us help you lay the foundations for success as a future Longhorn.
See more details about the program and register on the Passport to UT website.