Last year, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) updated the look of the I-20 form. You can see what the new form looks like on the DHS Redesigned Form I-20 Fact Sheet.
All F-1 students must have the new version of the I-20 no later than July 1, 2016. Here’s what International Student & Scholar Services (ISSS) wants you to know.
Don’t have a new version of the I-20?
- Your current I-20 is valid through June 30, 2016 or the end date listed on your current I-20, whichever is earlier.
- You may still travel internationally prior to June 30 with your current I-20. Be sure to read our travel advisory to ensure you have all the proper documents for travel.
How do you get a new version of the I-20?
- ISSS will automatically issue you a new I-20.
- Due to the volume of students who need a new I-20, we will begin to issue new documents this month. We anticipate all I-20s to be issued by the end of April 2016.
- Once your I-20 is ready, ISSS will send you an automated email to come pick it up. To ensure you receive this email, please review your email settings and allow all emails from email@example.com.
- Please do not come to ISSS to request a new I-20 until you receive the automated email.
Already have a new version of the I-20?
- There is nothing further you need to do.
- Please keep all previous I-20 copies for your records.
- If you plan to travel internationally, be sure to read our travel advisory to ensure you have all the proper documents for travel.
Still have questions?
Email an advisor at firstname.lastname@example.org.