The 2016-2017 General ISSS Financial Aid Application is now available! This financial need-based award applies up to $2,500 per semester for the fall and spring semesters and $1,500 in the summer semester towards tuition bills. Please note that the award amount cannot exceed the tuition bill balance.
Students who have experienced a recent change in their financial status or who are not receiving a waiver for the nonresident portion of their tuition are especially encouraged to apply.
- You must be on a non-immigrant visa.
- You must not be eligible for in-state tuition based on your immigration status.
- You must have completed a full course of study for two academic semesters at UT Austin.
Note: Concurrent enrollment at another school does not count toward full-time hours.
- Your GPA must be at least 2.0 (undergraduate student) or 3.0 (graduate student).
- You must demonstrate financial need by completing the application.
- You must be attending classes at UT Austin during the summer semester.
Applications will be accepted until Friday, May 13 at 5 pm.
Rachel Lee says
I am taking an extension class at UT over summer. Am I eligible for scholarship?
Phuoc Bui says
The 2016-2017 award benefits the fall 2016, spring 2017, and summer 2017 semesters. It would not benefit the summer 2016 semester.
Man Yang says
when will applicants know the results?
Phuoc Bui says
Applicants should be notified via email within 2-3 weeks of the application deadline.